My Community Project, is the NSW Government’s newest funding program, my Community Project is unique because it enables individuals to put forward their project ideas, and a public vote will decide which projects receive funding in each electorate.
My Community Project is open for your project applications, and there are some important things to keep in mind:
· Individual applicants need to partner with a project sponsor that will be responsible for managing delivery of the project if it is funded. Local councils, community groups, Aboriginal Land Councils, sports or arts associations, registered charities and schools can be project sponsors.
· Applicants need to provide a photo that represents their project, which will be published online for the public vote. This should be the highest resolution possible and large enough so it does not appear blurry when it’s published (a jpeg between 375KB and 25MB). The image is the first thing voters will see so it’s important that it be a good quality image. We recommend against providing hand-drawn pictures, maps or diagrams.
· The online application has two sections – the first section is completed by an individual project applicant and the second section is completed by the project sponsor. Both sections must be completed before applications close at 2pm on Wednesday 15 May 2019. You can view a sample application form on the web page.
· If you have a great idea for your community, make sure you have the support of an eligible project sponsor before starting your application. It’s important you allow enough time for your sponsor to review your section and complete their section; we recommend at least two weeks.
· If you’ve been approached to be a project sponsor, you will receive an email when the applicant has completed their section and it is time for you to complete your section. You’ll be asked to confirm your organisation’s support for the project, ability to manage the funding and deliver the project. You can view a sample project sponsor form on the web page
The public vote will be open for four weeks from 15 July to 15 August.
My Community Project is made possible by the NSW Generations Fund.
If you require more information, please call 13 77 88.